These Chocolate Chip Cookies really are the best I’ve ever had. My mom has been making them for as long as I can remember and everyone always raves about them! The key to making these classic cookies stand out from the rest is one secret ingredient. Chances are, you probably already have it in your kitchen already. So, here it goes, the secret ingredient is……. a teaspoon of almond extract! I know you are thinking that one teaspoon of almond extract couldn’t possibly make that much of a difference, but believe me! It really does. It makes me wonder what other desserts could benefit from a teaspoon of almond extract 🙂
– 2 1/3 cups all-purpose flour
– 1 tsp. salt
– 1 tsp. baking soda
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 tsp almond extract
– 2 eggs
– 2 cups chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line or spray a cookie sheet.
2. Sift together flour, salt and baking soda in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, beat together butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar and both extracts until fluffy. Add in eggs, one at a time, mixing after each addition.
4. Slowly add in flour mixture, mixing after each addition. Stir in chocolate chips.
5. Place dough in fridge for a few minutes to firm it up.
6. When dough has firmed up enough, drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto the cookie sheet and bake for about 10 minutes, or until just slightly browned on edges.
7. Cool on wire rack.