Chocolate + peanut butter + more chocolate can only equal one thing, and that’s delicious. Most people I know, including myself, love chocolate and peanut butter so when you put the two together, it’s a good thing. I was looking for a quick and easy dessert to make and came across these Peanut Butter Truffle Brownies. Just the name alone got me.
When I think of truffles, I think of something very rich and decadent, and that’s exactly what these were. What’s even better is that these were very easy to make. Just make sure that you give yourself enough time to let the brownies cool completely, otherwise the peanut butter and chocolate layers on top will not be able to set. These are so worth it though!
– 1 box brownie mix
– water, oil and eggs as listed on brownie mix box
PEANUT BUTTER LAYER
– 1/2 cup butter, softened
– 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
– 2 cups powdered sugar
– 2 teaspoons milk
– 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips (or other chocolate for melting)
– 1/4 cup butter
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray or line a 9×13 pan for brownies.
2. Make brownie mix as directed on box and pour into the pan. Bake for 22-25 minutes. Let cool completely. (Putting the brownies in the fridge can speed this up if you are short on time.)
3. Beat all peanut butter layer ingredients in a large bowl until combined, and spread on brownies.
4. Put chocolate chips and butter in a microwavable bowl and heat for 30 seconds, then stir. Repeat until chocolate is completely melted. Be careful not to burn the chocolate!
5. Pour chocolate over the peanut butter layer and spread evenly.
6. Let sit for 30 minutes. Store in an airtight container in fridge.