I love s’mores! Too bad apartment living isn’t really conducive to roasting marshmallows over a fire. Luckily, I came across a recipe for these adorable Mini S’mores Pies over at Kitchen Meets Girl. They use refrigerated pie crust as the base, then are filled in with miniature versions of your favorite s’mores toppings.
Granted, these aren’t quite as good as the real thing, but they come pretty close and can be made year round in the comfort of your own home. Making these Mini S’mores Pies allowed me to see all the possibilities there are with refrigerated pie crusts. They are so convenient and might just be one of my new kitchen staples! I’m usually all about making as much as I can from scratch, but I think I can make an exception with these 🙂
– 1 refrigerated pie crust
– 2 tbsp butter, melted
– 6 graham cracker squares (or 3 rectangles), crumbled
– 1/3 cup chocolate chips
– 1/3 cup marshmallows
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray a mini pie tin.
2. Using a 2 1/2 inch round cookie cutter, cut circles out of your pie crust. Roll the left over dough out and you should be able to get a few more. I got about 16 circles.
3. Gently press dough circles into the wells of your tin and bake for about 10 minutes, or until crusts are slightly golden brown. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, mix together melted butter and graham cracker. Add in marshmallows and chocolate chips.
5. Spoon s’mores mixture into each mini pie crust. You may want to top with some more mini marshmallows and chocolate chips.. Then, place back in the oven for about 3 minutes, or until the marshmallows start to brown. You may want to turn on the broiler in order to get them to brown better, but don’t leave them there for more than about a minute, so they won’t burn!
6. Let cool for a few minutes.