So we’ve been trying to eat a bit healthier lately. We are actually pretty good about what we eat normally, but let’s face it, the months of October-December are just hard with all the fun and festivities going on. Then, along comes January and I always start to feel a little gross. So, we’ve been trying to eat pretty “clean.” You know the drill… no processed junk, added sugar, etc. We’ve been doing great but who doesn’t get a little sweet tooth sometimes?
Luckily I came across these Chocolate Oatmeal Bars that just happened to be clean eating (if you are allowing yourself to have dark or semi-sweet chocolate that is) and they are no bake. A win-win! Oh and did I mention that they are delicious? Seriously. Way better than I even expected considering they are “clean”. You won’t miss the processed flour or refined sugar one bit 😉
– 1 cup all natural peanut butter (I use one with no added sugar!)
– 1/2 cup honey
– 1/2 cup coconut oil
– 1/2 cup shredded coconut
– 2 cups oats
– 1/2 cup raisins or chopped nuts if you prefer
– 1 1/4 cup dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Line a 8×8 pan with foil.
2. Melt the peanut butter, honey and coconut oil in a medium sauce pan over medium-low for a few minutes, until everything is melted together and give it a good stir.
3. Remove from heat and stir in the shredded coconut, oats, raisins or nuts, chocolate chips and vanilla. Keep stirring until the chocolate is completely melted.
4. Spread into the prepared pan and put in fridge for about an hour. When it has hardened, cut into bars. Store in the fridge.
Recipe adapted from I Hear Exercise Will Kill You