So, I know I’ve been slacking a bit with a new post, but it’s for a good reason! I’ve been a little preoccupied with being newly engaged 🙂 I am finally getting back to reality and got around to making a new dessert that I saw over at Eat Drink Smile a while ago. I’ve been dying to make these little Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles and they did not disappoint!
I definitely enjoy treating myself to a little cookie dough every once in a while… well every single time I make cookies.. I know that it is a little risky with the uncooked egg in it but I just can’t resist. These are my cure though because they don’t contain any egg but taste exactly like the real thing. Plus, they are covered in chocolate which makes them even better. I added some chocolate sprinkles to mine as well 🙂
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 3/4 cup granulated sugar
– 3/4 cup brown sugar
– 1/2 cup milk
– 1 tsp vanilla
– 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
– 1 tsp salt
– 1/4 tsp baking soda (not totally necessary but helps it taste like the real thing!)
– 1 cup mini chocolate chips
– 16 oz. chocolate for melting
1. Beat butter and sugars in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Add in milk and vanilla.
2. Stir in flour, salt and baking soda.
3. Stir in chocolate chips.
4. Cover and chill dough for about an hour.
5. When dough is firm enough, roll into 1 inch balls and place on a baking sheet lined with wax paper. Place in freezer for about half an hour.
6. When cookie dough balls are firm enough, melt chocolate in microwave according to directions.
7. Take a few cookie dough balls out at a time and dip in chocolate until totally covered, then let the excess chocolate drip off. You can use a toothpick or spoons to do this. I prefer the spoon method because my toothpicks always fall out!
8. Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles if desired.
9. Set on a sheet of wax paper to harden.
10. Store in an airtight container in fridge.