If you’ve read some of my other posts, you’ve probably learned by now that I love anything that has to do with chocolate chip cookies or cookie dough. So, when I came across the recipe for this Chocolate Chip Cookie Brittle, it immediately caught my eye and I decided I wanted to try it. Be warned though, if you are the type of person who only likes super soft and chewy chocolate chip cookies, then you probably won’t like this. It definitely lives up to the “brittle” part of the name.
I thought this recipe was a fun change to your average chocolate chip cookie though and it was so easy to make. I think if I ever make it again I may throw in some white chocolate chips or M&Ms too. Get creative!
– 1 cup butter, softened
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
– 1/2 tsp salt
– 1 cup granulate sugar
– 2 cup all purpose flour
– 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or whatever else you might want to throw in!)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter, vanilla, and salt in a large bowl. Gradually beat in sugar. Add in flour and chocolate chips.
3. Continue to mix all ingredients until the mixture is smooth and no longer crumbly.
4. Press evenly into a 10 x 15 inch ungreased pan.
5. Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until golden brown.
6. Once cool, break into pieces.
*Recipe from Something Swanky