*This blog post has been sponsored by Philips Avent. All opinions remain entirely my own.*
As a new parent, you want to do everything you can to soothe and comfort your new little bundle of joy. Seeing them upset breaks your heart and all you want is for them to feel safe in this big, scary, new world! Of course there are different ways we make them feel content. One thing many parents discover early on that helps their baby tremendously is a pacifier. This time around, I was lucky enough to discover the Philips Avent Soothie Snuggle. A pacifier that is not only comforting to baby but easy to keep clean, it is one I can highly recommend to new parents and caregivers!
Peace of Mind with Easy Cleaning
There are so many pacifiers on the market and for good reason. They help baby feel content while giving parents peace of mind and sometimes a much needed break! The reason I love the Soothie Snuggle is because of the super smart design! With an included stuffed animal that detaches for easy cleaning, parents don’t have to worry about being able to keep their baby safe from unwanted germs.
We recently found out that my son suffers from both food and environmental allergies. While it is easy to control what food goes into the breastmilk and food he will soon eat, it is not as easy to make sure there are no dust or pet danders coming in contact with him. I love that I can detach the pacifier from the stuffed animal to wash them both, thus doing a better job to keep his contact with potential allergens as low as possible.
A Snuggly Friend to Grow With
Just because a baby may grow into a toddler, it doesn’t mean they are finished needing to be soothed! Because of the smart design of the Soothie Snuggle, babies can continue to use their snuggly animal friend with any of the other pacifiers in the Philips Avent line. The soft companions that come with each soothie are completely compatible with all of the brand’s line of pacifiers. So, once your child outgrows the soothie, simply detach the snuggly friend and attach it to whichever pacifier your child uses next. The use of the same friend will bring them continued comfort as they grow, making transitions as little easier!
Plus, your little one doesn’t need to say goodbye to the snuggler when they finish using pacifiers all together! They can use it without a pacifier to play with, or snuggle with, or you can attach it to a backpack or bag for as long as they’d like!
Simple Cleaning Routine
1. To start, detach the Soothie pacifier from the Snuggle
2. Sterilize the Soothie either in a Philips Avent Steam Sterilizer bag or in boiling water for 5 minutes.
3. After sterilizing, allow the Soothie to cool for at least 5 minutes and squeeze any trapped water out of the nipple.
4. Check the product before each use and replace the pacifiers immediately in case of damage or weakness.
5. Philips Avent recommends replacing your baby’s pacifier after four weeks of use.
6. You can wash the plush toy in a mesh laundry bag with your normal laundry cycle. Set it out to air dry.
7. Once you’ve cleaned both parts of the Soothie snuggle you can connect them back together and give the pacifier to your baby.
8. The plush toy is compatible with all Philips Avent Soothies and pacifiers which can be swapped out and replaced with age appropriate soothies/pacifiers as baby ages.
9. Philips Avent Soothies are designed for babies 0-3 months and 3+ month, and other Philips Avent pacifiers are designed for babies 0-6m, 6-18m and 18+ months.
10. Once your child outgrows pacifiers altogether, his or her snuggly friend can still stick around and conveniently attach to car seats, strollers, or backpacks.
Learn more about clening the Soothie Snuggle here:
When you use a Soothie Snuggle with your little one, you will be choosing to give your baby a pacifier that will comfort them for years to come!