As a former teacher you can be sure that my baby has a lot of books, and I mean A LOT! Add that to the fact that I love fall and all things Halloween, she already has quite an assortment of Halloween books! So, I’ve compiled a list of our favorite Halloween board books that you and your toddler are sure to enjoy this October and for years to come.
Because I’m a former teacher, I’ve done my fair share of reading to children of all ages. Over the years I’ve developed some of my own criteria for what makes a quality book, depending on the age group you’ll be reading it to.
I’ve picked all board books because well, toddlers aka masters of destruction! They are all short and simple and some are even interactive with flaps which my daughter is really loving and getting so good at these days. They also all have great pictures or illustrations that your little one will enjoy when they flip through it on their own.
My Halloween Book Picks
1. No toddler board book round-up would be complete without a Sandra Boynton book! As any toddler parent knows, her books are silly and delightful with adorable pictures and Eek! is no different.
2. I’ve been a fan of the Little Blue Truck book since before my daughter was even born. We got the original one for her when she was born and soon added the Christmas one and this year it was time to add Little Blue Truck’s Halloween to our collection! Your toddler will love the rhymes and lifting the flaps to see who is under each costume!
3. If your toddler is a fan of The Itsy Bitsy Spider then they will love this cute book told to the same tune. The Itsy Bitsy Pumpkin is about a little pumpkin trying to find his way back home.
4. I love You Are My Pumpkin because of the adorable Halloween characters! It is short and sweet and your toddler will love the sparkly cover and how it compares them to each fun Halloween pal.
5. The reason I added Babies Love Halloween to the list is because how sturdy it is, even for a board book! It is simple and cute and even your little master of destruction should be able to enjoy lifting the flaps on each page without you having to worry about them ripping them off!
Although those are my top five choices for Halloween books for toddlers, here are a a few other I’d also recommend!
Like what you read? Check out more like it here!