Chocolate paired with pretzels is pretty high on my list of things that go well together. I love this candy/dessert recipe for a few reasons. First of all, it only requires 3 ingredients. Secondly, you can whip them up in just about 10 minutes. Last, but not least, you can make them all year thanks to the fact that M&Ms now come in all kinds of different colors to match the seasons. They would make a great gift around the holidays wrapped up in cute little cellophane bags with bows! Of course you can make them any time of the year and use regular colored M&Ms as well. Just be warned that you will probably eat them all in one sitting! These are VERY addictive.
The only kind of annoying thing about these M&M Pretzel treats is that you have to unwrap all the individual Hershey Hugs. However, this shouldn’t be a problem if you have someone in your house (like my fiancé) who will take a handful of the finished product as payment for all their hard work with helping you unwrap them all 😉
– 1 bag of Hershey Hugs, unwrapped
– 1 bag of M&Ms
– 1 bag of square pretzels
1. Preheat oven to 170 degrees and line a baking sheet with tin foil or parchment paper.
2. Fill the baking sheet with as many pretzels as you have Hershey Hugs. Place one Hershey Hug on top of each pretzel. Bake for 3-5 minutes, or until you can easily press a Hug down with the back of a spoon. (Don’t walk away and forget about them like I have before!)
3. Once you remove the pan from the oven, immediately press one M&M down on top of each Hershey Hug. Be gentle, and don’t press all the way down. Just press enough so that the Hug is flattened out.
4. Let them set for at least 10 minutes in the fridge before serving. Store in an airtight container.
*Recipe adapted from g*rated