This may come as a shock, but I actually eat pretty healthy most of the time. I’m all about non-processed, healthy and fresh food most days of the week. Don’t get me wrong, I love to bake delicious and not-so-nutritious treats, but I will almost always give them away to family or friends, after I’ve tried some for myself of course 🙂 Anyways, I like trying out new recipes that are on the healthy side just as much as the tasty dessert ones. In my opinion, it’s fine to eat delicious home baked treats, as long as you balance it out with healthy foods most of the time.
This recipe for Clean Eating Granola is super easy to make. It does take a while to bake, but it’s worth it! The original recipe, found here calls for walnuts, but if you don’t like nuts, or don’t have any on hand, like me, that’s fine. It makes for a great snack by the handful, or as an addition to some greek yogurt for breakfast, which I especially love. As an added bonus, it makes your house smell wonderful as it bakes!
– 3 cups mixed grains or rolled oats
– 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
– 1/4 cup honey
– 2 tsp cinnamon
– 1/2 cup walnuts (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees and line a large baking sheet with foil or parchment paper.
2. Measure out your grains and walnuts (if using them) into a large bowl.
3. Measure out your wet ingredients and cinnamon into a medium bowl and mix.
4. Pour wet ingredients into the bowl with the grains. Mix until all of the dry ingredients are coated.
5. Spread mixture evenly on the baking sheet and bake for 45-60 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes to prevent burning.
6. Granola is finished when golden brown and dry. Cool before serving.