I’m a coffee addict, plain and simple. I’m pretty sure I took my first sip of the stuff when I was 8 or 9 and ever since I’ve been hooked! I’d beg my parents to let me have a sip here and there to feed my addiction throughout childhood and when I couldn’t drink any the next best thing was popping a coffee bean in my mouth just to suck on. It was as good to me as candy was to most kids. There is just something about the smell and taste of it that I love. Anything coffee flavored will do. Starbucks coffee flavored ice cream is probably the best thing I’ve found besides the actual thing. I’m actually surprised that I haven’t made anything coffee flavored for the blog yet so when I came across a recipe for Chocolate Chip Coffee Muffins I couldn’t wait to try them.
These Chocolate Chip Coffee Muffins are super easy and so delicious! They were just as good as I’d hoped. The coffee flavor really isn’t that strong in them. Next time I make them I might substitute instant espresso powder next time instead of just instant coffee powder to see if it boosts the flavor a little bit. They were still good with the instant coffee powder though and are perfect for breakfast or a snack. The chocolate chips are added bonus 🙂
– 2/3 cup milk
– 5 tbsp butter, melted
– 3 tbsp instant coffee granules
– 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 2 cups all-purpose flour
– 2/3 cup sugar
– 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 2 tsp baking powder
– 1/4 tsp salt
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees and spray or line a 12 capacity muffin tin.
2. Mix milk, butter, coffee granules, vanilla and egg in a medium bowl.
3. In a large bowl, sift together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Add in chocolate chips.
4. Slowly pour milk mixture into the flour mixture. Stir until combined. The batter will be thick.
5. Using a spoon or ice cream scoop, divide batter evenly into the tins. Top batter with a few chocolate chips in each tin if desired.
6. Bake for 18 minutes, then remove muffins from tin and cool on a wire rack as soon as possible.